What to Expect
Beginners taking piano lessons will learn the fundamentals of piano playing and music reading. Advanced students will fine-tune the basics and learn other skills necessary for older players.
Piano Lessons will include teaching on:
- Note recognition on the basic staff—both bass and treble clef; key signatures
- Rhythms—note values, time signatures, rest values
- Hand positions
- Theory—work book activities to compliment the application
- Musical terms and definitions (examples: legato, moderato, forte, coda, etc.)
- Scales and chord progressions
- Performance Etiquette
- Sight-reading exercises (advanced)
- Open Score Reading (advanced)
- Accompaniment Skills (advanced)
Our piano teachers are available Monday through Saturday. Please contact us for specific scheduling needs.