What to Expect
Piano lesson curriculum is a focused, well-rounded approach. Students will spend a little time each lesson on technique, theory, sight-reading & new repertoire, and musical terms & concepts. Lessons are catered to each individual, and additional time will be spent on areas in which the student is most interested and/or needs a little extra help.
Piano Lessons will include teaching on:
- Note recognition on the basic staff – both bass and treble clefs; key signatures
- Rhythms – note values, rest values, time signatures
- Hand positions
- Theory – workbook activities to compliment the application
- Musical terms & definitions
- Scales & chord progressions
- Performance Etiquette
- Sight-reading exercises
- Piano Lessons are offered weekly in 30, 45, and 60 minute time slots.
- Weekly lessons are recommended & encouraged for optimal progress. However, bi-monthly lessons may be accommodated upon request.
- Need me to come to you? In-home lessons may be available, schedule permitting.