What to Expect
Vocal directing is not the same as choral conducting, orchestral conducting, or stage directing. As a vocal director I work alongside the lead director and other facilitators on a production by preparing the actors vocally to bring the best performance possible to the stage.
Vocal Directing is extremely tailored to what the production and the individual actors need, but may include:
- Consultation & involvement with casting
- Teaching ensemble numbers to the larger group
- Working one-on-one with leads to perfect their performance
- Leading group warm-ups & teaching fundamental singing techniques to improve overall sound and strength of the voices
- Collaborating with Orchestra Conductor on cues/cuts/etc.