What to Expect
Master Classes give students who are studying the same instrument an opportunity to not only perform for each other in a safe environment, but to also have a “mini” lesson in front of the group with a different instructor. Students can learn from watching their peers apply concepts and handle different technical challenges.
- The student performs one piece.
- After the performance the “master” (teacher) will work with them on certain elements of the song in front of the group.
- The student will perform sections of the piece again to try and incorporate the new techniques.
- Other students observe the process and will, hopefully, apply what they have heard and seen to their own performances.
This process is repeated with different participants.
- This is not a recital performance, so formal attire is not required. It is strongly recommended.
- Song must be memorized.
- Music must be prepped for the accompanist.
- Students must be willing to try and learn new things.